Wedding Photography is no easy subject, and interviewing potential wedding photographers can be a daunting task. Regardless of whether you’re hiring us or another studio, we have created a list of questions to help you find the perfect photographer for your wedding day. We are here to help you!
- What is your primary style?
This should be your first and foremost question as this is the style of photography that interests you. We can offer you different styles, so before you make your decision please take a look HERE!
- How much experience do you have?
We LOVE weddings, and put our heart and soul into every wedding we’re lucky enough to photograph. Because of the amount of time and individual focus we want to put into every wedding, we have to limit the number of bookings we take per season to 30-35 annually. This way every wedding we photograph receives all the attention and time it deserves.
We have over six years of experience in the wedding industry and more than 12 years with videography and photography for private and corporate events, live music, documentaries, and commercials. Because of this, we’re able to be confident and familiar with a very wide range of wedding styles and sizes.
- Do you have insurance?
Yes! All wedding photographers should have liability and gear insurance. If they don’t, you’re playing with fire. Also many venues require the photographer to have Liability Insurance. So before hiring someone else, or a friend or family member, make sure they’re covered.
- How are my photos delivered?
There is no maximum limit to the number of images we deliver.
You want your photography to last a lifetime and in the best possible quality!
One huge benefit of Online Galleries, as opposed to USBs, is it also allows us to get you your photos faster. Not having to wait for USB’s and CD’s to be printed and delivered before we can ship them out to you means we can cut our final delivery time by 4-5 WEEKS! Literally, as soon as your photos are finished you can have access to your gallery.
- Have you shot at my venue before?
We have shot at many, many venues in different states, so there is a good chance that we have. However, if we have not, this is great for you! Shooting at new locations keeps things especially fresh and inspiring.
We will get to the venue early on the day of and be sure to perform a thorough walk-through to scout out the best photography locations. We also do extensive online research prior to your big day!
- How do I reserve you for my date?
All dates are reserved once we receive your signed contract and deposit.
- What rights do I have to the digital prints?
You have the right to reprint images whenever you want. However, you may not sell your images for profit or publish your images without the written consent of 4Karma Studio.
- Can I give you a specific list of photos we would like?
Absolutely. Our goal is to work with you to create gorgeous wedding artwork that you’ll have to cherish for years to come. A specific list of must-have shots makes sure we don’t miss anything, so we love it, while at the same time we like to leave some room for creativity and originality – because your wedding is unique to you, so it deserves unique photography too!
- How far will you travel?
We’ll go absolutely anywhere! Let’s go on a rad adventure together!
- Can I make a payment plan?
Absolutely! For weddings and elopements we ask for 30% down to reserve your date, and the rest of the total amount can be paid off in any amount at any time as long as it’s paid in full 3 weeks before the big day! For other sessions we ask for 50% down to reserve your photo shoot and the remaining 50% is due one day before. Once again, you can make payments at any time.
- Will you help me to find my vendors?
YES! We’ve worked with so many amazing vendors in the business and love shouting their names from the rooftops. We’ll help pair you up with vendors that can bring your vision to life.
- Which additional services do you provide?
Bridal Portraits, Engagement Photography, family reunions, quinceañeras, livestreaming, drone, 360 photos, albums, prints, up-scaling photos, video editing, photo editing, photo restoration, upscaling photos for large prints, and more! Please ask for more info or take a look HERE.
- What's your backup process?
We’re husband and wife team, so if for some reason one of us couldn’t make it, but the other could, we would still try to cover it with just one of us.
As for your photos, we dual record the images in-camera so if one card fails, I still have everything. After the wedding, your files get backed up to two different places.
- We're awkward, how should we pose?
This is the #1 thing we hear from our couples. THIS IS OUR JOB! We’ll make sure you’re cozy and comfortable to ensure you look and feel your absolute best! Try not to stress, just worry about having fun and being yourself. We’ll take it from there.
- Why should I hire you guys?
1) Over 6 years of experience
2) Our work was published in wedding magazines
3) We record the audio of your wedding video with multiple microphones.
4) Degree in Cinema Studies
5) We spend hours and hours following wedding trends every week!
6) You can choose your photographic style
7) We work in any lighting environment (dark chapel, low light venues, etc.)
8) You’ll feel comfortable in front of our cameras
9) We will take time to understand your needs and answer any questions you have
10) We love our work and we put our souls, experience, and skills into your photos and videos.
- If we're running late, will you stay later than you were scheduled?
Absolutely! We do have an overtime rate and we’ll apply this with your permission and approval that we continue coverage.
- Do you offer a discount for off-season or weekday events?
Yes, we do. Ask for our deals!
- Do you offer retouching / color adjustment or other corrective services?
Absolutely. We hand edit every image that we deliver. Also, we are capable of making a unique edit just for you, just let us know your preference or your theme. We also do cosmetic retouching (extra cost).
- I have a list with all my questions for you, can you please answer them?
Of course, we can. Schedule with us a phone call or a video chat and we’ll be with you as soon as possible. This is a free consultation, no pressure to book, we want to be sure we are a good fit for you.